As part of the FTC’s Hearings on Competition and Consumer Protection in the 21st Century, the Commission will hold a two-day hearing on April 9–10 at the Constitution Center (400 7th Street SW in Washington D.C.). The FTC has received 40 comments already and will continue receiving comments until May 31, 2019.
The agenda includes the following topics:
- Goals of Privacy Protection
- The Data Risk Spectrum: From De-Identified Data to Sensitive Individually Identifiable Data
- Consumer Demand and Expectations for Privacy
- Current Approaches to Privacy, Parts 1 & 2
- Role of Notice and Choice
- Role of Access, Deletion, and Correction
- Is the FTC’s Current Toolkit Adequate, Parts 1 & 2
Featuring a wide range of well-known speakers, the event is open to the public and will be webcast.